Sprachbausteine Teil 01
Analysis & Strategy
This part is a grammar test. Lucky enough it is multiple choice and with a few tips and tricks you'll ace this part. You have to fill in gaps and choose from several answers.
Tips and Tricks
You can ignore most of the instructions (this is actually true for the whole exam) because it is a colossal waste of time as there is a lot of redundant information in the text and the task itself. Reading the text fully beforehand will only stress you. If you realize that a grammar topic is not crystal clear yet, fresh it up with our Everyday German Course that you have hopefully worked with so far. Apply the following strategies:
- Highlight the sentence that you are currently working on. It will help you to focus.
- Commas, und, denn, sondern, aber, oder and full stops end a sentence
- Start with figuring out the verb of a sentence so that you know what’s going on.
- Ask: Who is doing it? And you’ll get the main actor of that sentence (=subject)
- Ask: What is the subject doing? The answer is the (direct) object (usually in accusative case)
- If you are not sure what the correct answer is, you can also try to read the sentence several times with all possible answers.
- if you wouldn’t use a preposition in English, you most likely wouldn’t use one in German.
- If two out of three answer suggestions look very much alike, it is very probable that one of the lookalikes is the correct answer. This raises your chances to 50%.