Leseverstehen Teil 01
Analysis & Strategy
This part is about finding your way through daily life situations. That means you will be looking for keywords and not aim at a full understanding of the given information.
Tips and Tricks
You can ignore most of the instructions (this is actually true for the whole exam). Because it is a waste of precious time as there is a lot of redundant information in the texts and the tasks and it will only stress you out as the texts given are beyond level B1. Apply the following strategies:
- Skim the text for keywords that appear repetitively or belong (even roughly) to a certain category.
- Highlight potentially correct answers quickly.
- Strike through clearly those answers that you have found already so you won’t waste time looking at them again.
- If you have several answers with the same topic and keyword look for another keyword in the current task.
- If two titles are similar, most likely only one of them is going to be used in the task (watch video for details).